Spring Deeptech Recruitment
The latest Lean Launchpad curriculum focused on Deeptech. We are looking for teams built around innovations based on scientific discoveries or engineering advances that have potential to profoundly impact various industries and people’s lives. Preference is given to teams working on technology-driven products (hardware, AI, software, material science, medical, life sciences, chemical, ….) Priority is given to teams who apply with their own ideas.
Apply by 11:59pm on Friday, February 25th, 2022 (Spring cohort), and find the info session / mixer schedule on the home page.
How to Apply
1. Form a team of four of five
You will need at least one technical team member who can build and iterate on your MVP, and it is highly recommended that at least least one of you is inscribed at the Engineering School.
We do not allow teams working on cannabis, alcohol, tobacco, gambling, or gun related projects.
While we’ve had special instances of teams with undergrads getting into the class, preference is given to grad students.
If you have an idea you’d like to incubate in Lean Launchpad, but have not formed a team, or if you want to participate in the class, but do not have a specific idea, start by adding yourself to the team formation and mailing list, and attend the meetup sessions we will be hosting before the application deadline.
- Check out the recorded Info Session and sample application
- If you have specific questions about the application, attend Info Sessions and Office Hours.
- Teams will be notified by 2/27/22 (Spring) about whether they qualify for an interview and how to sign up.
- Interviews will begin on 2/28/22, and all team members must be present. For extenuating circumstances, please get in contact with the teaching team ASAP.
If you are selected for an interview, scoring is based along the following dimensions:
- Team Background: Does the team have the mix of skills needed?
- Team Chemistry: Will the team work well together? Will they get along?
- Passion for Idea: How passionate/excited do they seem about the idea?
- Excitement for Class: Did they demonstrate an eagerness to learn and grow?
- Commitment to Class: Are they committed to putting in the hours?
- Teams may not do market research for companies or work for existing companies.
- No cannabis, alcohol, tobacco, gambling, or guns-focused ideas.
- Teams with primarily international customers will have a more difficult time conducting the in-depth customer research needed for this class.